In a recently published article in Fluid Journal, Vol. 22, No. 2, Issue 84, by Dr. Dale Leikam, he quite masterfully described why fluids should be utilized in our crop production systems.
Five advantages for liquid
- Logistics: The organization, distribution, handling, and application of crop nutrients ease of handling—just pump it.
- Right Rate: Apply the desired rate uniformity across the application swath homogenous solution with each drop having the same nutrient composition.
- Flexibility: Fluids fit all crop nutrient placements, application methods, and nutrient timing.
- Agronomic: Research has documented a strong history of providing high nutrient use efficiency (NUE), high yields, and environmental stewardship.
- Value: Its high return to the farm relative to its cost.