Why would I apply 20-0-4-2s instead of 32% N at side dressing?
Answering the question
The following is a list of agronomic reasons why 20-0-4-2s is a better investment for the corn crop.
- You would be applying N, K, and S to your current crop instead of just N.
- Many times N isn’t the nutrient most limiting for the developing plant. Frequently, K is the nutrient in most short supply even though soil test values are good.
- To your basic 20-0-4-2s blend, additional micronutrients can be added to your side dress mixture.
- Boron – .2 to .4 lbs. B/A
- Zinc – 1 pt. to 1 qt. chelated zinc/A
- The density for 20-0-4-2s is 10.5 lbs. per gallon.
Rate (gallons 20-0-4-2s/A lbs. N/A lbs. K20/A lbs. S/A
10 21 4.2 2.1
15 31.5 6.3 3.15
20 42 8.4 4.2
25 52.5 10.5 5.25
30 63 12.6 6.3